Loans for Medical Expenses 2017: Useful Guide
In 2017 almost one in two Italians is still forced to give up treatment for economic reasons. In reality, there is the possibility of filling the lack of liquidity by using loans for medical expenses granted by banks and financial institutions. It is clear that, before applying for them, one must inquire very well about the details of the financing.
Loans for medical expenses: guide to the choice
Those who decide to opt for a loan can choose between:
- targeted loans, available in medical facilities and disbursed by banks affiliated with the facility;
- personal loans, taken out from banks or finance companies asking for the amount for treatment;
- assignment of the fifth, reserved for employees and retirees.
What are the medical treatments for which a loan can be obtained?
By opting for loans for medical expenses, it is possible to obtain financing for various types of treatment, such as:
- surgical interventions;
- physiotherapy and rehabilitation treatments;
- dental and dental care;
- expenses for nursing homes and for the care of the sick and non self-sufficient people;
- beauty treatments and cosmetic surgery.
How to choose loans for medical treatment? What to watch out for?
Before choosing among the various types of loans, it is necessary to evaluate several offers to find the most convenient one, perhaps with the help of an online comparator.
What are the items to be carefully evaluated? Here is a short list:
- the terms of the contract. It is specified that each bank is obliged to provide the contract prospectus and that no expenses can be paid if it is not written on the contract;
- the risk of over-indebtedness, that is, the monthly installments must not exceed one third of the total income;
- the procedures to extinguish it early, in fact in this case, in addition to the residual capital, you will generally have to pay a commission that cannot exceed 1% and which becomes 0.5% in the last year. You do not pay if the residual capital does not exceed $ 10,000;
- the interest rate, TAN and expenses (investigation, installment collection, insurance). Always ask for the APR, since only if it is equal to zero the loan is without interest and expenses;
- usurers rates, personal loans must not exceed the 18.1625% threshold, otherwise we speak of usury;
- insurance coverage, as banks often combine mandatory loans.